“Solid tumors provide a substantial opportunity for Karyopharm Therapeutics’ Xpovio (selinexor) that investors may not yet have realized,” noted a report from HC Wainwright & Co.
Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (KPTI: NASDAQ) has completed recruiting participants for its SIENDO Phase 3 clinical trial, Edward White, analyst at HC Wainwright & Co., reported in a December 2 research note. All 250 participants have primary or recurrent stage IV endometrial cancer and have had a partial or complete response after at least a 12-week course of taxane-platinum combination chemotherapy.
The Massachusetts pharmaceutical company offers investors significant return potential given that HC Wainwright’s target price is $ 26 per share and Karyopharm is now trading at around $ 6.62 per share.
The analyst reviewed the intent and design of the study. SIENDO will evaluate the safety and efficacy of Xpovio, which binds and inhibits the nuclear export protein XPO1, as a maintenance treatment for patients with endometrial cancer.
“We continue to believe that the solid tumors present a substantial opportunity for Xpovio that investors may not yet have realized,” wrote White. (Karyopharm is also evaluating Xpovio in hematologic tumors.)
Each SIENDO participant will be randomized on a 2: 1 basis to receive either Xpovio, a maintenance dose of 80 mg once weekly, or a placebo, until the disease progresses. Progression-free survival is the primary endpoint; 0.6 is the targeted risk ratio.
A reading of the first data from SIENDO is expected by the end of this year or early 2022. The commercial launch of Xpovio in solid tumors could then take place in 2023, generating around $ 26.7 million over the course of its first year in the market, White noted.
HC Wainwright has a buy rating on Karyopharm.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household hold securities in the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or the members of her household are remunerated by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of the Streetwise Reports bulletin board: none. Click here for important information on referral fees. As of the date of this article, a subsidiary of Streetwise Reports has an advisory relationship with None. Click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its managers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or their family members, as well as those interviewed for articles and interviews on the Site, may have a long or short position on the titles mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or their immediate family members are prohibited from making any purchases and / or sales of these securities on the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article up to three days. working days after publication of the article. The foregoing ban does not apply to articles which, in essence, only repeat previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and / or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including their household members) do not own any securities of Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Streetwise Reports officers, employees and contributors are not licensed healthcare professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Important Disclaimers for HC Wainwright & Co., Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc., December 2, 2021
This material is confidential and intended for use by institutional accounts as defined in FINRA Rule 4512 (c). It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules.
HC WAINWRIGHT & CO, LLC RATING SYSTEM: HC Wainwright uses a three-level rating system to assess both the potential return and the risk associated with holding common stocks of rated companies. The expected return on a given capital is measured on a RELATIVE basis of other companies in the same industry. The price target is calculated to estimate the potential price movements that a given stock could achieve provided certain targets are met over a defined time horizon. Price targets are subject to external factors, including industry events and market volatility. Investment banking services include, but are not limited to, acting as manager / co-manager in the subscription or placement of securities, acting as financial advisor and / or providing corporate finance or capital market services to a company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries in the past 12 months. HC Wainwright & Co, LLC (the “Company”) is a member of FINRA and SIPC and a registered US brokerage firm.
I, Edward White, certify that 1) all opinions expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal opinions on any securities or issuers in question; and 2) no part of my compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the recommendation or specific opinions expressed in this research report; and 3) neither I nor any member of my family is an officer, director or member of the advisory board of these companies. None of the research analysts or the research analyst’s household has a financial interest in the securities of Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc. (including, without limitation, any option, right, warrant, position future, long or short). As of November 30, 2021, neither the Company nor its affiliates beneficially owns 1% or more of any class of common equity securities of Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc. Neither the Research Analyst nor the Company is aware of or aware of have good reason to be aware of another material conflict of interest at the time of publication of this research report. The research analyst primarily responsible for preparing the report does not receive compensation based on specific investment banking services or transactions, but is compensated based on factors such as total revenue and profitability of the company, a substantial part of which comes from the investment bank. services. The Company or its affiliates have received compensation from Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc. for non-investment banking services during the previous 12 months. The company or its affiliates have not received compensation from Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc. for investment banking services in the previous twelve months, but will seek compensation from the companies mentioned in this report for investment banking services in three months following the publication of the research report. The company does not market in Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc. as of the date of this research report. The securities of the company discussed in this report may not be suitable for investors depending on their specific investment objectives and financial condition. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This report is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any of the securities mentioned in this document in any jurisdiction where it would be prohibited. This research report is not intended to provide tax advice or to be used to provide tax advice to anyone. Electronic versions of HC Wainwright & Co., LLC research reports are made available to all customers simultaneously. No part of this report may be reproduced in any form without the express permission of HC Wainwright & Co., LLC. Additional information available on request.
HC Wainwright & Co., LLC does not provide personalized investment advice in research reports. This research report is not intended to provide personal investment advice and does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation and special needs of any particular person. Investors should seek financial advice regarding the suitability of investing in financial instruments and implementing the investment strategies discussed or recommended in this research report.
The sellers, traders, and other professionals of HC Wainwright & Co., LLC and its affiliates may provide oral or written market commentary or business strategies that reflect opinions contrary to the opinions expressed in this research report.
HC Wainwright & Co., LLC and its affiliates, officers, directors and employees, other than its analysts, will from time to time take long or short positions, act as principal, and buy or sell securities or derivatives (including options and warrants) of the covered companies mentioned in this research report.
The information in this document is based on sources we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us to be accurate and does not purport to be a statement or a complete summary of the data available on the company, industry or society. security discussed in the report. All opinions and estimates included in this report constitute the analyst’s judgment as of the date of this report and are subject to change without notice.
The securities and other financial instruments discussed in this research report: may lose value; are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of invested capital.